Here are some fresh ideas for enjoying one of nature’s sweetest fruits — the peach.
- Fresh, out of hand as a sweet snack.
- Peach halves topped with fresh berries make an easy, yet elegant fruit salad.
- For a quick low-fat lunch, mix peach slices with low-fat yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Grilling fresh peach halves with blueberries and brown sugar is a delicious dessert for a picnic or barbecue.
- Blend peaches into frozen daiquiris, smoothies or shakes to cool down hot summer nights.
- Top low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt or a slice of angel food cake with fresh peaches for healthy dessert.
- Bake them into summer´s favorite fruity desserts: cobblers, shortcakes and pies.
- Add fresh peaches to vanilla ice cream to create one of America´s all-time favorite ice cream flavors.
- Add peaches to spinach or pasta salads.
- Garnish desserts, main dishes and summer beverages with peach slices.