Apple Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1/2 cup onion, vertically sliced
- 1 medium Fuji or Winesap apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (2 medium) carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pound cubed boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 1 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Chinese pea pods
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups cooked rice
Stir fry cubed chicken breast in 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in non-stick skillet until lightly browned and cooked. Remove from skillet. Stir-fry onion, carrots and basil in oil in same skillet until carrots are tender. Stir in pea pods and water; stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in apples. Add to chicken, serve hot over cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: Calories, 365; Fat, 9 g; Cholesterol, 62 mg; Fiber, 3 g; Sodium, 71 mg; Percent calories from Fat, 22%.